There are very very few things that can get me to stay up past 10:30 pm on a school night (or any night, being completely honest), however being nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award has made that super short list. First of all, thank you Little Bright Things this is so exciting!
I 100% accept, (duh), and according to the rules, here are my 7 little facts about me:
1) I love to laugh: I really do, all my favorite shows are comedies (The Office, Parks and Recreation, Arrested Development, New Girl etc). My friends all have a great sense of humor and my inner commentary consists mostly of me making fun of myself.
2) I am fluent in Spanish: A round of applause for the public school system! Jk, I was born in Venezuela, a country in South America. My family moved to Eastern NC a few months after I was born but we actually moved back to Venezuela for a few years when I was nine. There I made one of my best friends, ate some amazing food and became fluent in Spanish! I really hope I get to go back again not too far in the future.
3) Croissants: I can’t spell the word (it took me at least five tries) but the pastry is the love of my life. Whenever I’m in a different city one of my favorite things to do is find a coffee shop or bakery and try their croissant. Two of my all time favorites are The Macaroon Boutique and Kudu’s, both of which are in Charleston, SC. Their croissants make me swoon. I love food in general, I like to eat foods that are more nutritious most of the time but I definitely make an exception for the occasional croissant.
4) I’m a Potterhead: I would say I’m embarrassed by the number of times I’ve read the Harry Potter series (I definitely should be) but I honestly can’t say that I am. In addition to adventure-type books I also love books on self-improvement and lifestyle. Reading in general is something I love to do, I have to say since I’ve been in college I’ve read a lot less and that is something I am trying to change.
5) I love to shop: Okay so does every girl ever but I feel like I should have at least one fact that is somewhat normal. Anyway I do love clothes and shopping, some of my favorite brands are J.Crew and Loft but I also love thrift-shopping and definitely consider myself a Maxxinista.
6) I am an anglophile: I love London, I love England, I love British people, books, movies and cars! I have been there once and have made it a non-negotiable goal to live there for at least for a year. I can’t one hundred percent explain this passion but something about the charming yet reserved culture is incredibly appealing to me.
7) I am a professional encourager : When people ask me what my blog is about it is still hard for me to put it into a sentence or two adequately. But ultimately I think what I want First Class Act to be about is encouraging others. Encouraging readers to become the person they want to be and not let their fears/circumstances or other people prevent this from happening. I think motivation and inspiration are two vital parts to success, in addition to hard work.
So having said all that, I will continue to follow protocol by posting the rules for The Lovely Blog award:
“Here are the rules (nominees will follow). Nominees, if you wish to decline or ignore this nomination, I completely understand but it’s a great way to interact and connect. Should you choose to accept this award, here are the rules.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.”
Nominations: Here are 15 lovely blogs
1) A Freckled Italian // Lifestyle
2) Karrie Oasis // Lifestyle
3) Post Grad Diaries // Fashion-Lifestyle
4) Sailboats and Suntans // Lifestyle
5) Stephanie Eusebi Nutrition and Wellness // Health-Lifestyle
6) Girl on the Contrary // Humor
7) Life After School //Lifestyle
8) Girl Eats Greens //Food-Health
9) A Pretty Penny //Fashion
10) Daily Beautiful Things // Photography
11) Maddie Chester //Lifestyle
12) Cupcakes and Cashmere //Lifestyle
13) Clean and Delicious // Healthy Living
14) Cloudy Apples // Lifestyle
15) Daily Connoisseur // Lifestyle
Thanks again for the nomination and go check out these other award-worthy blogs.